1. Cut out all mucous forming foods, especially dairy and wheat as well as all foods you know you are sensitive to.
2. Change your diet to at least 70% raw and drink lots of carrot juice and green smoothies.
3. Drink lots of good water – city water is typically full of chemicals and not recommended for consumption on a regular basis.
4. Keep the chest warm with appropriate clothing.
5. Apply poultices to the chest, i.e. onion poultice or castor oil pack (see DVD “Herbal Pharmacy for Everyone”, Disc 2 for instructions)
6. Cough Syrup – homemade, simple yet effective:
Cut up an onion, place in glass jar and cover with honey (honey can be hard; the juice of the onion will liquefy the honey).
Let sit for several hours to several days and strain. Take 1 tsp. as needed.
7. Herbs to use are the ones with anti-microbial properties such as Garlic and Thyme and expectorants for example Mullein (Verbascum thapsus), Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) and Fenugreek seed (Trigonella foenum-graecum).
You can find good combination teas for the support of the respiratory system at the health food stores.