Fall is here ? no question about it.
Fall indicates the beginning of a cycle when we focus more inward and for many it means battling colds, flues, bronchitis and other ailments.
Therefore it is especially important to pay attention to our lifestyle in order to be able to support our body and keep the immune system strong.
Following are some suggestions.
- Eliminate undue stress
- Make your foods your medicines
- Eliminate/reduce foods that don?t nourish you and that weaken the immune system such as refined foods, white sugar, alcohol, coffee
- Exercise regularly, go outside for walks. Dress according to the weather
- Increase/add vitamin D and C intake (Rosehips are a great source of vitamin C and now is the time to collect and dry them for use in a tea throughout the winter)
- Garlic: chop a clove fine and swallow it after a meal ? it is a great anti-microbial and works as a preventative as well as treatment in case of illness
- Keep up with the jungle juice (see previous post) at least 3?4 x/week; use sprouts, spinach and other fresh greens
- In Chinese medicine the lungs and the large intestine are closely connected. So for some of you who tend to get sick with bronchitis for example at this time of the year, make sure your large intestine is functioning properly; regular (daily!) bowel movements are vital (adequate water intake with a health giving diet and exercise). Since the meridian for the large intestine includes the head, nose, and sinuses think ?digestion and elimination? if you are plagued with conditions such as congested sinuses, headaches and sore throats. Maybe this could be the root cause and reason for no long-term improvement.
Specific herbal suggestions for the change in seasons to follow next week. Please let me know if you have any specific questions that I might be able to address via Facebook.